Looking to wow at morning tea but don't know what to make that is quick and easy, will be ready in a jiffy and make you look like Nigella?
Do not fear - I've got you covered!
This Apple Tea Cake is made with a moist and light vanilla cake recipe and upgraded to the next level with custard powder and a layer of scrumptious apples. It's delicious served warm straight from the oven or cold the next day, if it lasts that long of course!
Super simple all the ingredients are mixed in one bowl. This is my kind of recipe! You can easily double the ingredients for a larger cake, and it works perfectly in any shaped cake pan - round, square, loaf, ring or lamington tray! Whatever pan you have is perfect!
APPLE TEA CAKE
Ingredients1 cup self raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180˚c.
- Place all ingredients except pie apple in a mixing bowl and mix with electric beaters for 6 minutes until pale and creamy.
- Spread 2/3 mixture into a greased loaf or round pan.
- Top with pie apple and cover with remaining cake mixture.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Stand for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.